Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New Medium - Acrylic



First painting I've done in years in acrylic. I did a small watercolor of this image a few weeks ago and decided to use it as my first foray into acrylic. I'll probably do the same with some of the other small images I've been working on. Working on several small watercolors as thumbnails and scaling them up in acrylic seems like a good process.


Purchase Info

The acrylic gives me more control to keep some details crisp, but I can also work with it like watercolor as I did in the sky. Below is the original watercolor sketch. I decided to give the shadow on the house a more vibrant ocher yellow, the watercolor was a little bit to green/gray in the shadows. I also took out the rocking chair; I found it kind of confusing and not easily identifiable.

No comments: