Thursday, May 8, 2008

Edison Collage - Day 2





The collage continues - the tower is done although I may need to darken the shadow a bit. I wanted to emphasize the light at the top, so I left it back lit, but I may need to darken the face of the tower and the shadow to give it more drama.


The other image, the top right pane of the collage, is of Union County Park. I find it fascinating that the land was preserved as a park because it had been used as a "Poor Farm. It was listed on a map from 1923 as the "Rahway Poor Farm". I haven't been able to find any background story about it, but there were other poor farms and alms houses in the area at the time to serve indigent people, usually from New York or Newark.



Satellite view of Union County Park as it appears today.







Same area on a map from 1923






No comments: