Monday, January 14, 2008

Interior Illustration

I'm working on a possible commission for an interior design illustration. I felt that the original sketch below was a little undefined so I addes some pen work to define the crystal and other decorations. Since the commission is related less to the room than to the furniture and china, I thought it was important to highlight the forms a little more.
So here's the verison with the added line work.

It's kind of busy. I'll review this one with the client for color, composition and detialing. Its currently actual size for print, about 8 1/2 by 5.

For the final piece I'm hoping to work larger so I can capture more detail without resorting to the pen work. When the image is reduced for illustration it will look more crisp but still have a looseness to the technique.

1 comment:

George G said...

I like this - I can never do settings because I suck at architecture and formal perspective (it never looks right to me), so I rarely try.