Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Daffodils


b

Page from my sketchbook. I was sketching a typical NYC street scene in the upper left - depressed person standing near some trash bags at the curb. The trash bags fascinated me so I focused on them for awhile at the bottom of the page. Later I came across these flowers in my friend George's lobby and I was intrigued by the shapes of the petals, especially the translucent shadows created where the white petals overlapped. In some way they reminded me of the forms of the wrinkles in the trash bags - so I just sketched them right on top of the other image.


I made a small piece based on the sketchbook page using some of the forms of the trash bags as an abstract background for the flowers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Visit www.theclothing.net to buy Gift Sets, Tanks, Wedge Boots, Shoulder Bags, Tony Bowls, Long Gowns, Pumps Heels, Jackets & Wraps, Flip Flops, Bottoms, Hollywood Hook Up, Boots, eDressMe Private Label, Flats, Jumpsuits, Tony Bowls, eDM Private Collection on sale designed by Jacquie Aiche, ecoSkin, Beyond Vintage, Bliss Lau, Black Orchid Denim Jeans, BCBG Max Azria, Three Dots - always on sale!